Reports and Incidents
Every reported Report will appear on the Report’s feed. It can be opened by clicking on the Side Bar Navigation option.
You will be able to see the preview information of each Report which includes :
Report Type Icon - Determined by what type of Report you are creating.
Report Name - An automatic name for the Report is created based on the Report type and can be configured in the Report Details.
Time Created - The time the Report was reported.
Priority - The priority of the Report.
Report Date and Time - The date and time the Report happened, this can be added manually and may or may not be different of the date the Report was created.
Jump to Location - By clicking this button the map will take you the exact location the Report was reported.
In order to view and edit previously created Reports you will have to select them from the feed and a new window will appear with the details.
Every Report type is different and includes a different set of Report Details depending on the requirements of the Report nevertheless the same structure for every Report Details window is the same.
- Report Name - This is the default name of the Report based on the Report type, it can be edited once clicked on it on the Report Details Window.
- Priority - This is defined when creating the Report and will determine the color of the Report.
- Jump to location - This functionality shows the exact location in the map where the Report is located.
- Date and Time of the Report - This is the specific date and time the Report was created.
- Location - The Report location can be determined in multiple ways, including the location of the device the Report was created on, a Map marker location, exact coordinates and report areas.
- Add to - You can create Incidents and Assignment Reports by adding them directly here.
- Status - You will be able to determine the status of the Report, can be Active or Resolved.
- Details - You will be able to add the relevant information for the Report such as who is reporting the Report, the priority, and location. According to the different Report Categories, some dropdowns may vary.
- Activity - You will be able to add the different attachments and notes to each Report to have all the necessary information. Here is where they will be displayed and can be edited.
- Links - You will be able to find links that are related to the selected Report, such as Assignments and Incidents.
- History - Here you will be able to see any activity related to the Report, such as people adding Reports to incidents, attaching pictures, or updating status.
- Add Note - Option to add additional information to the Report.
- Add Attachment - Attach information to the Report.
- Add Report - This will prompt the New Report report window and allow you to create multiple Reports.
You can share your report to any one who has access to your EarthRanger site by copying the url of the report you want to share.
To add all of the necessary information to your report you can add notes, attachments and reports. Adding a report to a report will automatically create a new Incident Collection. The Activity section in an Incident shows a timeline of reports, notes, and attachments as they were created. The Activity section of a report will display notes and attachments added to the report.
All activity will be listed showing the most recent entry first. You can change the order to chronological order by clicking the arrow button next to time. Activities can be expanded to show more information by clicking “expand all” or the arrow next to it. The information shown and actions you can perform will depend on the type of activity. Notes can be expanded to view the entire note and edited. Image attachments can be expanded to show a preview of the image or a full screen view of the image where you can download the image. Reports can be expanded to show an overview of the report or you can go directly to the report itself.
Here you will be able to see any changes to the report, such as people adding reports to Incidents, Attaching pictures, updating status, or editing information.
Incidents are the collection of Reports that happened on the same related issue. In order to create Incidents, the Reports have to be created individually first and before saving you can add more reports on the bottom of the Report’s window.
You can identify incidents on the Reports Feed by locating the icon. .
Just like with Reports, when you open Incident Details, you can modify the Incident Collection Name, adjust the priority, resolve the incident, and add notes, attachments, and other Reports to include in the Incident.
In the Activity section, you can view the Reports attached to the Incident. You have the option to expand the details of each report on the screen or go to the report by clicking on the options next to the report name.